Listen to Orion and Mike discuss personal finance, the true nature of money, and even…dun, dun, dun…cryptocurrency. What is money? Is the pursuit of wealth spiritually worthwhile? What is the future of cryptocurrency and “cash”? Find out in this week’s episode of Too Rational!
“This could be used for illicit activities!”
Orion — “What? You mean like every f*#$ing currency in the whole goddamn world?”
TL;DR: Cash is ridiculous
Content and resources mentioned in this episode:
- “Most of all, money is a story”, a blog post by Seth Godin
- The “Fashion Episode” of Too Rational (Season One)
- On Too Rational (Season One), “Introvert Phone vs. Extrovert Phone“
- Oregon Renaissance Faire, i.e., the death of Mike’s budget
- “R.I.P Coin. The Death of the Smart Card Industry.“
- Contrary to Mike’s recollection, the SEP in “SEP IRA” is not “Self-Employed Person”; it is a “Simplified Employee Pension” IRA.
- “For Real Company, Inc.”
- Dunning-Kruger Effect
Join the Too Rational Podcast’s official subreddit to discuss each week’s topics at r/toorational.